|Event: 'CanCham To Co-host: Work Permit And Employment Updates For Foreigners In Vietnam' || |
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 8:00 am
CanCham is Co-hosting AusCham's event: Work Permit and Employment Updates for Foreigners in Vietnam
Date & Time: Thursday, March 16th from 8:00 - 11:00am
Venue: Sofitel Saigon Plaza, 17 Le Duan, D1, HCMC
AusCham / CanCham Members: VND 700,000
Non-members: VND 900,000
Manfred Otto – Senior Associate, Duane Morris Vietnam
- Major work permit categories and exemptions
- When is an exemption not an exemption?
- Recent cases before the labour authority
Nhan Le – Associate, Duane Morris Vietnam
- Cross-border labour secondment
- Overseas Vietnamese working in Vietnam
- Foreigners entering Vietnam for the offer and supply of services
- Possible changes to the regime for foreigners working in Vietnam in connection with the draft of new Labour Code
Mathew Lourey – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services
- Practical issues, documentation and other experiences dealing with work permit applications (and exemption applications) with the labour authorities. This will also look at requirements for items such as experience certificates.
- Vietnamese tax implications when working in Vietnam for individuals and companies, issues arising for new and departing employees (part-year residency), and residency in general.
- Discussion of employees sent from abroad by parent entities, and implications for taxation and labour matters whilst in Vietnam (with and without work permits).
For more information, or to participate, please email: