The Canadian Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (CanCham) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen business and community relations for its members. Founded in 1994, CanCham is one of the most active and dynamic business organizations in Vietnam, coordinating a broad array of events that target the entire business community, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities, such as the Terry Fox Run, with participation from thousands of Vietnamese and foreigners in Vietnam. Through encouraging Vietnam-Canada collaboration between businesses, government, residents and other stakeholders, we help create a synergistic environment in which we all thrive. For more information, please visit www.canchamvietnam.org.
To support the Chamber’s mission, we are seeking to identify a key candidate for the position of Director of Business Development. The purpose of the Director of Business Development is:
• To retain and identify corporate and SME members by advocating on behalf of CanCham the benefits derived from membership, by offering value added introductions and market information demanded by current and potential new members, and through supporting the quality, diversity, and timeliness of services, events, and other CanCham offerings.
• To retain and identify CanCham national and event sponsors, building on the strongest sponsorship base that the Chamber has ever had – who have committed to CanCham due to a combination of commercial potential, branding, and prestige associated with sponsorship and affiliation with other important CanCham national sponsors.
• Coordinate with the small and dynamic CanCham team, in particular, the Director of Marketing and Communications to promote CanCham Vietnam, manage existing
member, sponsor, as well as other stakeholder relationships.
• Enthusiastically support the operations team to manage the success of CanCham events in both Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
• Contribute to the CanCham Board through support to their management of Vietnam government relations as well as to liaise with the Board’s liaison with the Canadian Government offices in Vietnam – namely, the Ambassador, Consulate General of Canada’s and Trade Commissioner’s offices.
• Masters or Bachelors degree in economics, business, finance, or sales, or other relevant degree. Foreign degree holders encouraged to apply.
• 3 - 5 years working experience in relationship management, sales or business development.
• Proven dedication and commitment, with a results based record.
• Clear thinker and communicator.
• Strong written and verbal English skills.
• Self-starter, motivated, ability to multi-task and preference to work in a small team environment.