Vietnam has been labelled Asia’s “Outperformer” in terms of its 2016 economic growth. The country continues to outshine its Asian neighbors in attracting foreign direct investment, driving exports and manufacturing growth, and has built up a trade surplus not seen in a decade. However, are we being blinded by the bright lights, or is there a tempest brewing in Vietnam’s economic future?
Come and join Cancham’s 12th Annual Crystal Ball Business Luncheon "The Year Ahead: Expert Predictions and Impact 2017," as we explore the realities of Vietnam’s sunny global outlook in contrast to some of the hottest topics impacting Vietnam’s domestic economy today. Gain genuine insight into what the year of the Rooster has in store for Asia’s last tiger economy.
Introduction Mr. Graham Potter (MC)
Economics Mr. Ousmane Dione - Country Director Vietnam, World Bank
Global Trade Mr. Fred Burke - Partner, Baker Mackenzie
Banking Mr. Hai Pham - CEO, HSBC
Real estate Mr. Marc Townsend - CEO, CBRE
Investment / IPO’s Mr. Fiachra MacCana - Head of Research, HSC
Consumer confidence Mr. Ralf Matthaes - Managing Director, Infocus Research
Panel discussion Mr. Richard Bale - Consul General of Canada – Moderator Registration
Topic Synopsis (total of 6 speakers – 12 minutes each)
1. Economics - 2016 Macroeconomic overview and 2017 predictions, pinnacles and pitfalls
2. Global Trade - What is the future of the rules-based international trading system in a Trump Presidency?
3. Banking - Market outlook in 2017, a year of uncertainty
4. Real Estate - Don’t believe everything you read in the media about the Vietnam Property Market
5. Investment/ IPO’s - Equity investment outlook for 2017
6. Consumer Confidence – 2017 consumer confidence and spending behaviour